Saturday 20 July 2013

Oh Xbox, can it just be me and my Box!

I'm an avid Xbox fan. I love booting up my 360, checking the friends list of who to invite for a party chat and to play games whilst being like a kid again on the voice comms. From using team work to just plain silly innuendos between each other. My friends/family have such a great laugh online whilst shafting our Counter Strike AK's in each others faces or doing a pencil dive in COD.

I'm going to miss all that next-gen, the lovely Xbox friendly GUI, the simple mechanics of forming a chat group, joining the same game for the late night sessions.
I just can not turn myself for investing in a Xbox One along with no option with Kinect or not. My Friends and Family will be queuing at 00:00 launch for the Launch LAN, whilst I'll be online in my Y-Fronts on the PS4, this boils down to the fact Xbox One is more expensive than a PS4 and has the Kinect included......what if I don't want all the TV features, the motion capture stuff (Kinect one has never interested me), I just want what it says on the tin "a simple gaming machine", a break away from the PC having 5 different applications open (IRC, Mumble, team speak, roger wilco!, etc) and spending 5 hours to tweak settings for the game to run smoothly.

I never liked the PS3, but something about what Sony are doing with Ps4 has me intrigued..... The gaming machine for gamers?!?!?!? Cheaper!?!?!? FTP mmo's?!?!?!?!?

I know what you readers are thinking, " Xbox one is only £70 more..that's just an additional game that's. all!".  You would be right, but it's something about the fact as consumers we can not choose if we want the Kinect features or not....even if it's part of the machine more than a feature.
Only if MS business managers and marketing came up with a simple idea....

1: Xbox One media package at launch (or family pack?) which has Kinect. For those who want to scream at the TV  "XBOX!! CHANGE CHANNEL!!!"while spraying their spit at their lovely LED smart TV (and the neighbours getting peed off from the noise....)

2: Xbox One gamers pack at launch. No Kinect, just simple machine and games (chuck in Ryse or something to really make it about games?!?!?).  Lower the price due to no Kinect as to compete with Sony?

I would be first in the que for my Xbox for the Launch LAN round mine!

What do you think? Do you want just a basic Xbox One for games, are you getting a PS4 instead of certain MS choice for their next gen or do you down right don't care?
Comments below please!




2 comments:

  1. I getting the xb1 I love the kinect n the way it made u don't have to scream at u just talk n your normal voice n it do more like in shooting game u can just tell your squad what to do point at like a tank with your finger n say attack n everybody go in attack it live for now n the future yall just want the same old Shit just a different day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point. If the Kinect can be used non-intrusive in normal quality games rather than silly specific Kinect games then it might be brilliant. Saying that, With MS latest statements of supporting indie developers more and stopping the fee for companies to patch their games, it sounds more enticing to get a Xbox 1.

      Delete